KOHLER, Wis. – October 27, 2011 – Today, as part of Kohler’s ongoing drive to continually enhance its product offering, the company is pleased to announce an addition to the Courage XT lineup. The new XT6.75 engine incorporates an improved lightweight design, which delivers greater maneuverability, a larger muffler, which yields a 2.5 to 3.0 dBA reduction in noise. Both enhancements will be available on the new XT6.75 as well as the XT6.5 beginning in early spring 2012.
“We anticipate strong marketplace response to the XT6.75,” said Dan Luhman, senior product manager for Kohler Engines. “Our Courage® XT Series was already among the easiest-to-use, best performing lines available. Now, by expanding the line and offering the combination of enhanced maneuverability and quieter operation, we’re giving end users even more reasons to select Kohler engines to power their walk behind mowers and utility equipment.”
The lightweight design and quiet muffler are the most recent unique features to be rolled into the Kohler Courage® XT Series. However, several other innovations are already available within the line, including the following:
• Solid Construction – All Kohler Courage® XT engines utilize a cool-running OHV design and tough cast-iron cylinder bore. This durable construction allows mowers to last longer in harsh conditions and helps end users avoid costly repairs.
• Accu-Fill™ – Filling the fuel tank on many mowers can be a challenge. But, engines with Accu-Fill incorporate a unique angled neck as well as an opening that is 45 percent larger than other engines. This translates to easier filling and less spilling, which helps save money and is better for the environment.
• Smart-Choke™ – Priming and choking the engine are no longer required with Kohler’s Smart-Choke technology. This unique system automatically manages the start-up process, so there is no risk of flooding the engine. The user can simply pull-the-cord and go.
• Consistent-Cut™ Technology – This proprietary system delivers more consistent power to the mower deck in extreme load conditions, which translates to less clumping and less double cutting. With Consistent-Cut technology, end users can easily power through the thick, wet grass that often stalls other mowers.
• Easy-Pull Recoil – Incorporating a pulley that is 13 percent larger, Easy-Pull provides smooth, effortless starting, which is easier on the user’s hands and shoulders.
“In addition to the line’s numerous user-centric features, it’s also important to note that the entire Courage® XT Series is now EPA Phase3 compliant,” Luhman added. “Of course, this means fewer hydrocarbons are emitted, which promises to be beneficial for the environment as well as the equipment operator.” Designed to provide consistent performance in a variety of operating conditions as well as unequaled durability and ultimate ease-of-use, the Courage® XT Series of engines for walk-behind mowers has quickly become a popular option for green industry professionals.
For additional details about Kohler’s Courage® XT Series, including informational videos, please visit www.KohlerEngines.com.
Kohler Engines, along with Italy-based Lombardini, represent a global engine concern in business since the 1920s. Together, Kohler Engines and Lombardini manufacture a wide range of gasoline and diesel engines, from 4 to 64.4 hp, which are supplied to equipment manufacturers worldwide in the lawn and garden, commercial and industrial, agricultural and construction markets.
About KOHLER Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., KOHLER Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. KOHLER is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, cabinetry, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.
Assoc. PR Manager
Browse and download high-resolution photos to illustrate your stories.